Senior Engineer Mine Planning
Job No: 925194
Location:Indonesia - South Kalimantan
Categories:Engineering - Mining
Advertised:AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications Close:AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Thiess is the world's largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Mongolia, Africa and Chile. Our life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep us at the leading edge optimising the mining value chain for each client.
And we're not done. We continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so our clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. Our people are central to our success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Our culture is built on our Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything we do.
An excellent opportunity for Senior Engineer Mine Planning has arisen to join our Engineering Department. Residentially based in Wahana Coal Mine Project.
Some of your duties will include:
- Contribute to TCI Plant Objectives through the establishment and ongoing refinement of a best practice model for supporting on Lifting Equipment component;
- Provide qualitative and quantitative data of the reserve and manipulate reserve to account for mining practices; mining methods and selectivity, handling, blending and transport of coal;
- Create and maintain a schedule database for excavation and dump sequence;
- Define the equipment and time resources required for the mine and report on requirements; produce scheduling outputs for clients;
- Provide mine planning inputs for tendering new business;
- Liaise with clients and estimating to provide necessary data for pricing. In geological, you will calculate reserves and report;
- Analyze model data and prepare graphical information showing the nature of the deposit; liaise with client on preparation of working model & ensure relevant new pit data are incorporated into the next working model; reconciliation – comparison between model, survey & actual; ensure geotechnical issues are highlighted and controls implemented; design according to the best available geotechnical advice.
What skills and experience do you need?
- Mining or Geology Engineering Degree; with minimum 5 years' experience in large open cut mining and mine engineering;
- Outstanding proficiency in geological modeling and mine planning and other general office software (Microsoft);
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills for both oral and written in English;
- Good understanding in mining principles, mine design concepts and mining methods; an awareness of mine operation regulatory requirements.
Competitive salary and benefits will be offered to the right candidate.
If you want to take your career to a new level and be involved in exciting workplace change and issues, please apply now and click on the "Apply" button at the bottom of this page.
"Only short listed candidates who apply on-line will be proceed"