Job No: 925301
Work type:Fixed Term (Fixed Term), Permanent (Indonesia only)
Location:Indonesia - South Kalimantan, Indonesia - Kalimantan
Advertised:SE Asia Standard Time
Applications Close:SE Asia Standard Time
Thiess is the world's largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Mongolia, Africa and Chile. Our life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep us at the leading edge optimising the mining value chain for each client.
And we're not done. We continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so our clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. Our people are central to our success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Our culture is built on our Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything we do.
An excellent opportunity for Officer Safety has arisen to join our project team in Senakin South Kalimantan - Indonesia and reporting to Coordinator HSEQ.
Some of your duties will include:
- Provide technical and system support to safety management team.
- Implement TCI Safety Management Systems, processes and programs to ensure the conservation of people, property, environment and profits.
- Proactively assist with the application of HS&E Management Plans for the project.
- Establish risk assessment processes and ensure Risk Register is current, and socialised to staff.
- Conduct regular reviews of the implementation of Project risk management controls.
- Develop and implement internal safety audit program as per SMP and conduct audits to program. Provide assistance and close out audit outcomes.
What skills and experience do you need?
- Tertiary Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental qualifications or relevant qualifications, have experience on mining operation practice is more preferable with minimum of 3 years’ experience as Officer Safety.
- The candidate should have strong knowledge about safety, health & environment standard (SMK3, OHSAS 18001:2007, M-Safe) and government safety regulation; understand about HSE standard on mining and plant activities; Familiar with Safety management at all levels, Focus on Risk Management.
- The candidate should fluent in English both oral and written, and proficient in computer literacy; strong leadership; strong communication both of external and internal; self motivated; an initiative person and able to work in team; innovative and problem solving; adaptability and able to work under pressure are preferred character traits.
Why do you need to apply?
Competitive salary and benefits will be offered to the right candidate.
If you want to take your career to a new level and be involved in exciting workplace change and issues, please apply online at our website and check on the "Apply" button at the bottom of this page.
"Only short listed candidates who match requirements will be proceed"