Job No: 925302
Work type:Permanent (Indonesia only)
Location:Indonesia - East Kalimantan
Categories:Engineering - Mechancial, Supervisory/Management, Trade - Mechanical
Advertised:SE Asia Standard Time
Applications Close:SE Asia Standard Time
Thiess is the world's largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Mongolia, Africa and Chile. Our life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep us at the leading edge optimising the mining value chain for each client.
And we're not done. We continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so our clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. Our people are central to our success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Our culture is built on our Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything we do.
An excellent opportunity for Supervisor Mechanic has arisen to join our Plant Supports team. Residentially based in Sangatta Project and reporting to Senior Supervisor.
Some of your duties will include:
- To ensure that the maintenance department goals are achieved, by following the procedures set out in the TMS
- Communication and reporting. Ensure maximum communication levels are maintained between workshop and operations personnel regarding breakdowns safety issues, and prioritizing of equipment repairs
- Ensure that all area supervisors’ accurately complete daily breakdown reports, supervisors shift report, PCR’s for submission the planning and administration before 7am everyday. Ensure accurate breakdown hours information is provided
- Analysis of component condition and recommendation of parts required. Ensure correct procedures used when troubleshooting breakdowns and failures
- Review operator’s checklist summary and mechanical inspection sheets; ensure submission to planning department with repair and parts recommendation. Ensure supervisors and mechanic raise recommended parts lists accurately to address all known work, breakdowns, and planned maintenance
- Planning and co-ordination of shut down work in cooperation with planning department. Ensure all repairs are carried out in a cost effective and timely manner
- Investigation and reporting of all accident damage to all equipment in the field and associated area, this includes operator abuse
- Ensure a safe working environment for all employee by ensure all activities are carry out according to the work procedures in the TMC and the Sangatta n project management plan
- Ensure that there is no impact on the environment from the activities that are carried out to operate and repair equipment by ensuring that the procedures in the TMS and Sangatta Management plan are followed
- Ensure that all maintenance tasks are carried out in a safe, timely and cost effective manner
- Ensure all disciplinary actions are issued as required in accordance with the Sangatta mine regulations and maintenance departments’ rules
What skills and experience do you need?
- Minimum Senior High School or Mechanical Trade Specialist; 3 years' experience in mechanical repair and supervision in the mining industry. Planning of mechanical repair ; Logical thinking;
- People handling skills & diagnostic skills in all aspects of mechanical repairs, logical thinking , having strong motivation, able to lead, organize and provide direction to employees, supportive, communicative, and able to work under pressure are preferred character traits.
Competitive salary and benefits will be offered to the right candidate.
If you want to take your career to a new level and be involved in exciting workplace change and issues, please apply and check on the "Apply" button at the bottom of this page.
"Only short listed candidates who apply on-line will be proceed"