Job No: 925303
Work type:Fixed Task (Fixed Term), Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Location:Aus - All, Mongolia - All
Categories:Engineering - Other, Planning/Scheduling/Project Control, Engineering - Civil, Engineering - Chemical, Engineering - Mechancial, Engineering - Mining, Supervisory/Management, Mining Operations
Advertised:AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications Close:AUS Eastern Standard Time
Thiess is the world's largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Our life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep us at the leading edge…optimising the mining value chain for each client.
And we're not done. We continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so our clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. Our people are central to our success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Our culture is built on our Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything we do.
We are currently seeking an experienced Project Director to work on our OT C2S Boxcut & Decline Development based in Mongolia reporting to the Country Executive - Mongolia. The role will be FIFO on 29 days on, 14 days off for a 12-18 month period.
Key duties of the role will include:
- Managing the delivery of the project in accordance with the requirements of the contract, ensuring all obligations are met and TKA JV rights are protected through timely and astute project / contract management including reporting, updates and forecasts
- Effective management of the project budget in terms of cost, revenue and profit and to have the project operating in steady state by December 2017 and ready to be taken over by Operations Manager / Deputy PD
- Ensuring the project’s key KPIs of Safety and Schedule are attained and the OTC2S Project is commenced, constructed and completed in compliance with all contract requirements, project plans and the defined project strategies
- Demonstrating contract, financial and leadership excellence to ensure the project meets or exceeds the schedule and budget and to develop, promote and maintain a harmonious project team
- Close liaison with the Joint Venture Executives
- Development of professional relationships at all levels with OT LLC
What skills and experience do you need?
- Relevant Project Management or Business qualifications
- 20+ years’ of project construction and management experience
- Strong leadership, team work and team building skills
- Excellent communication, influencing and negotiating ability
- Contract and commercial understanding
When do you need to apply?
If you are looking for the next step in your career and possess the skills and experience we are looking for, please apply online by 5pm, 4th June 2017.