Job No: 925441
Work type:Permanent (Indonesia only)
Location:Indonesia - All, Indonesia - East Kalimantan, Indonesia - Kalimantan
Advertised:SE Asia Standard Time
Applications Close:SE Asia Standard Time
Thiess is the world's largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Our life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep us at the leading edge…optimising the mining value chain for each client.
And we're not done. We continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so our clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. Our people are central to our success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Our culture is built on our Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything we do.
As our next Officer Safety reporting to the Coordinator HSQ, you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results.
Some of your duties will include:
- Coordinate the implementation of the project safety management program to ensure the identification and control of workplace risks to minimise exposure to personal injury and equipment damage;
- Maintain safety management systems implementation including planning, implementation, check & monitoring, and review based on OHSAS18001 "Safety Management Systems";
- Participate in all safety work related activities to gain understanding of all TCI safety management systems and programs develop a monthly safety flash based on incident trends;
- Assist line Supervisor and Superintendent to meet their OH&S accountabilities;
- Act as an expert safety trainer, advisor, inspector, and investigator as required.
- Compile daily, weekly and monthly bases safety report including safety performance, SBO achievement, inspection, high risk jobs;
- Manage all elements of safety data to improve safety performance.
What skills and experience do you need?
- Tertiary Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental qualifications or relevant qualifications, have experience on mining operation practice is more preferable with minimum of 5 years’ experience as Officer Safety.
- The candidate should have strong knowledge about safety, health & environment standard (SMK3, OHSAS 18001:2007, M-Safe) and government safety regulation; understand about HSE standard on mining and plant activities; Familiar with Safety management at all levels, Focus on Risk Management.
- The candidate should fluent in English both oral and written, and proficient in computer literacy; strong leadership; strong communication both of external and internal; self motivated; an initiative person and able to work in team; innovative and problem solving; adaptability and able to work under pressure are preferred character traits.
When do you need to apply?
Competitive salary and benefits will be offered to the right candidate.
If you want to take your career to a new level and be involved in exciting workplace change and issues, please apply online at our website and check on the "Apply" button at the bottom of this page.
"Only short listed candidates who match requirements will be proceed"