Job No: 925456
Work type:Permanent (Indonesia only)
Location:Indonesia - South Kalimantan, Indonesia - East Kalimantan
Advertised:SE Asia Standard Time
Applications Close:SE Asia Standard Time
Thiess is the world's largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Mongolia, Africa and Chile. Our life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep us at the leading edge optimising the mining value chain for each client.
And we're not done. We continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so our clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. Our people are central to our success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Our culture is built on our Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything we do.
An excellent opportunity for Coordinator Safety has arisen to join our Safety Department and residentially based in Senakin Mine Project, South Kalimantan.
Some of your duties will include:
- Implementing and coordinating of the safety program for all department activities in compliance with TCI and client standards and procedures.
- Act as an expert safety trainer, advisor, inspector, and investigator as required.
- Providing direction, advice, assistance and materials to Department Heads to helps them fulfil their Safety responsibilities
- Leasing with the project Safety Superintendent to identify programs to ensure Safety compliance
- Actively contributing to a positive teamwork environment at all times
What skills and experience do you need?
- Have a minimum Tertiary Education or Strata 1 from Occupational Health and Safety discipline;
- 5 years' experience in open pit coal mining area as Safety Coordinator position;
- Having strong knowledge about Safety, Health & Quality (HSQ) Standard, OHSAS 18001, SMK3, SMKP, Safety Auditor, risk management process; familiar with Safety management at all levels;
- Strong leadership, self-motivated, honest, ability to influence, innovative and problem solving, good behaviour and can work individually and team work; Excellent communication skills in English both verbal and written and computer literate.
When do you need to apply?
You will enjoy working in a culturally diverse and fast paced environment and have excellent interpersonal skills. Equally important is your resilience and flexibility to ensure success in a constantly challenging environment.
Competitive salary and benefits will be offered to the right candidate.
If you want to take your career to a new level and be involved in exciting workplace change and issues, please apply online at our website and check on the "Apply" button at the bottom of this page.
"Only short listed candidates who match requirements will be proceed"