Rock Bolt Operator
Job No: 925459
Work type:Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Location:Aus - All, Mongolia - All
Advertised:AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications Close:AUS Eastern Standard Time
Thiess is the world's largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Indonesia, Mongolia, Africa and Chile. Our life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep us at the leading edge optimising the mining value chain for each client.
And we’re not done. We continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so our clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. Our people are central to our success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Our culture is built on our Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything we do.
We are currently seeking an experienced Rock Bolt Operator to work on our OT C2S Boxcut & Decline Development Project based in Mongolia reporting to the Underground Supervisor.
Located in Mongolia’s southern Gobi desert, Ukhaa Khudag Coal Mine (UHG) is the most remote mine site in the Thiess global mining portfolio. UHG is currently Mongolia's largest operating coal mine producing a high quality metallurgical coal which is processed on site via the only Coal Washplant within the country.
Key duties of the role will include:
- Operation of Sandvik 411 Rock Bolter (or equivalent)
- Operation of other Sandvik drill equipment (Jumbos; Cablebolter)
- Performance of all works in accordance with safe working procedures
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping in work areas and operated equipment
- Achieve production targets by effectively utilising mining equipment
- Train, mentor and develop national mining workforce
- Work collaboratively with mining engineers, geologists and the survey team as necessary to ensure drilling is undertaken to design
- Support of all other development cycle activities (charging, bogging, services etc)
What skills and experience do you need?
- Previous Sandvik Rock Bolter experience required (or equivalent)
- Valid heavy vehicle certificates
- Proven knowledge of drilling, charging, firing, bogging and trucking of development headings
- 5+ years’ of experience in underground mining or tunnelling environment
- Good team work and team building skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Mechanical knowledge preferred
Fly in Fly Out roster of 29 continuous day’s onsite, followed by 16 continuous day’s offsite. This position is for a 12-18 month fixed term period.
How to Apply
If achieving success through people and bottom line results, and progressing your career is your passion, then consider joining a company that's as excited about the important things as you are. Thiess strongly supports a culture of recognition, leadership development and offers a stimulating and satisfying work environment, so there is no better time to join Thiess.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to advance your career with a leading mining contractor. To apply for this role please follow the below link.
Applications close on 22 September 2017.