HD Fitter - Field Service
Job No: 925462
Location:Aus - Perth
Categories:Trade - Fitter
Advertised:W. Australia Standard Time
Applications Close:W. Australia Standard Time
Thiess is the world's largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Our life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep us at the leading edge…optimising the mining value chain for each client.
And we're not done. We continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so our clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. Our people are central to our success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Our culture is built on our Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything we do.
We have a unique opportunity for a HD Fitter – Field Service, reporting to the Workshop Supervisor you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results.
With a varied roster, you will thrive on meeting all goals and challenges, and act with fairness and integrity in all that you do.
In return, we will celebrate your achievements and provide great opportunities for you to take your career to the next level.
Some of your duties will include;
- Perform the servicing, repair and maintenance of large scale Cat, Hitachi, Liebherr & Komatsu mobile mining and other equipment as directed in accordance with Thiess servicing, lubrication and maintenance systems documentation
- Completing General Maintenance, Breakdowns, Services and Component Change outs to a high standard
- Source technical information from the relevant available reference manuals, technical bulletins, OEM and computer based systems
- Ensure good housekeeping standards are maintained at all times
- Conduct required inspections to maximise equipment utilisation & reliability
- Regularly dealing with external clients to ensure machine availability/reliability
What skills and experience do you need?
- Cert III in Heavy Diesel Fitting or equivalent
- Post-trade experience working in the Mining or Heavy Earth Moving industry
- Experience in General Maintenance, Breakdowns, Component Change Outs and Servicing of Heavy Earth Moving Equipment
- Strong Diagnostic Skills
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
When do you need to apply?
Short listing for this position will commence immediately.
To enable us to process your application as quickly as possible simply click on the 'apply' button below.