Job No: 925521
Work type:Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Location:Aus - All
Advertised:AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications Close:AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Thiess is the world's largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Our life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep us at the leading edge…optimising the mining value chain for each client.
And we're not done. We continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so our clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. Our people are central to our success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Our culture is built on our Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything we do.
Accordingly, in line with our future growth, we are seeking a suitably qualified and motivated mining professional for the key leadership role, in the capacity of Manager Plant Site reporting to the Project Manager at one of our open cut coal operations in Kalimantan, Indonesia.
Joining Thiess will expose the successful candidate to many extraordinary career opportunities within our global portfolio.
Some of your duties will include:
- Lead, direct, and control the day-to-day activities of a single plant or multiple plants to achieve outstanding production and safety targets;
- Leading a team of both expatriate and Indonesian superintendents and supervisors, you will coach and mentor your team in world's best mining practices;
- Monitor and control activities such as maintenance, manufacturing, quality control, engineering, supply and logistics, distribution in order to achieve the short and medium-term financial and operating objectives set by the overall corporate business plan;
- Initiative plans and processes which minimize manufacturing costs through effective utilization of manpower , equipment, facilities, materials and capital to ensure attainment of business objectives and productions schedules while ensuring product standard that will exceed customer’s expectation;
- Monitor the cost and effectiveness of maintenance activities to optimize resources , priorities spending and maintain projected cost variance within budget for equipment;
- Develop and implement continuous improvement policies and procedures to ensure that the plant meets its current and future production targets and quality standards;
- Research, evaluate and recommend investments in technology, capital, equipment, systems or other assets that will enhance the plant’s production capabilities;
- Maintain and facilitate clear communication with all stakeholders, clients, customers, suppliers with respect to operational capability, performance, and resource requirements;
What skills and experience do you need?
The successful candidate will possess the following;
- A degree in Maintenance /Engineering or related discipline;
- Minimum of 10 years previous experience in a senior role as Manager Plant experience in large open cut mining operation of which at least five years in production/service supervision/ management role, experience working with a mining contractor is also highly regarded;
- Comprehensive knowledge of maintenance management principles and practice, People handling skill diagnostic skills in all aspects of mechanical repairs.
- Mechanic experience on Thiess equipment e.g. Cat, Komatsu, Liebherr, Coal hauling and lifting equipment.
- OHS&E requirements Legislative and statutory requirements
- Strong leadership and motivational skills; Strong Mentoring skills; Good analytical skills; Strong communication and negotiation skills;
- A commitment to safety and a desire to maintain our Indonesian coal operations to world class international safety standards. You should also be able to clearly demonstrate previous results together with a pro-active commitment towards safety whilst having attained the teamwork and respect of local communities and adherence to relevant environmental standards;
- Cross Cultural Management sensitivity and an understanding of community issues relevant to large mining projects within developing countries;
- Ability to work on a fly-in-out overseas mine site
When do you need to apply?
You will enjoy working in a culturally diverse and fast paced environment and have excellent interpersonal skills. Equally important is your resilience and flexibility to ensure success in a constantly challenging environment.
Competitive salary and benefits will be offered to the right candidate.
If you want to take your career to a new level and be involved in exciting workplace change and issues, please apply online at our website and check on the "Apply" button at the bottom of this page.
"Only short listed candidates who match requirements will proceed"