2018 Thiess Graduate Development Program - Surveyor
Job No: 925526
Work type:Permanent (Indonesia only)
Location:Indonesia - All
Categories:Engineering - Other, Surveying
Advertised:SE Asia Standard Time
Applications Close:SE Asia Standard Time
Thiess is the world's largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Our life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep us at the leading edge…optimising the mining value chain for each client.
And we're not done. We continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so our clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. Our people are central to our success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Our culture is built on our Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything we do.
With continued growth we are currently offering bright Indonesian University Graduates an opportunity to build a professional career within the largest mining services provider through our Graduate Development Programs. We offer opportunities for enthusiastic and motivated Graduates for the following position:
Some of your duties will include:
- Assist the surveyor to manage and coordinate survey office/field activities to provide appropriate survey service to construction, mine planning, reconciliation and design personnel accurate design, construction and mine planning of all site activities
- Actively contribute to make improvements in each exposure area.
- Promote improvement in procedure, process or design in Survey area.
What skills and experience do you need?
- Fresh graduates or final year of completing S1 Degree (Geodetic Engineering) with maximum of 2 years of work experience (Year of Graduation 2015 – 2017)
- Possess a minimum GPA of 3.00 out of 4.00
- Minimum 1 year industrial experience in construction and mining industry is an advantage
- Understanding of mining and construction technology
- Understanding of engineering and surveying principles/equipment/applications/software.
- Understanding current surveying technologies including RTK GPS and Total Stations
- Willing to be located at any Thiess Indonesia projects, including remote areas
- Willing to work in roster schedule
- Have a high degree of assertiveness and intercultural sensitivity
- Willing to learn and learn things fast
- Passionate and show a can do attitude
- Have a good command of English (written and oral) is preferable. Possess a minimum TOEFL PBT score of 450 or IELTS band of 5.
- Computer Literacy
Documents to be submitted:
- Curriculum vitae and copy of ID card.
- A certified copy of the most recent academic transcript.
- Related documents/certificates indicating your academic or non-academic achievement (including participation as a committee in campus/social events, if any).
Competitive salary and benefits will be offered to the right candidate.
If you want to take your career to a new level and be involved in exciting workplace change and issues, please apply and check on the "Apply" button at the bottom of this page.
"Only shortlisted candidates who apply on-line will be proceed"