Field Maintenance Leading Hand
Job No: 925670
Location:Aus - QLD - Bowen Basin
Advertised:E. Australia Standard Time
Applications Close:E. Australia Standard Time
Thiess is the world's largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Our life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep us at the leading edge…optimising the mining value chain for each client.
And we're not done. We continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so our clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. Our people are central to our success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Our culture is built on our Principles of Integrity, Accountability
The QCoal Northern Hub is situated in the Bowen Basin in Central Queensland, about 280 kilometres northwest of Mackay and 13km south of Collinsville.
We have an opportunity for an experienced Field Maintenance Leading Hand to join the maintenance team at QCoal Northern Hub. Reporting to the maintenance supervisor you will work collaboratively with your crew and the wider site team towards delivering safe, high-quality results. You will thrive on meeting all goals and challenges while acting with fairness and integrity in all that you do.
In return, we will celebrate your achievements and provide great opportunities for you to take your career to the next level.
- Lead your crew ensuring everyone works safely and efficiently
- Perform servicing, repair and maintenance in accordance with Thiess servicing, lubrication and maintenance systems documentation
- Source technical information including, technical bulletins, OEM and computer based systems, be able to read and understand schematics – electrical and hydraulic.
- Ensure good housekeeping standards are maintained at all times
- Carry out quality work
- Step up and cover for the Maintenance Supervisor in his absence
- Maintain radio communications for shift activities.
- Manage parts requirements for work.
- Warehouse control on night shift.
- Make sure all work is performed in a timely manner.(agreed time)
- Relevant trade qualifications
- Experience working as a leading hand in the maintenance field on an operational mine
- Post-trade operational mine site experience
- Experience in general service, maintenance, breakdowns, component change outs and proper diagnostics
- Computer system JDE
- Oil analysis and interpretation.
- OEM computer based systems ,Cat, Cummins ,Hitachi and Liebherr
Monday to Friday (5/2) roster
How to apply
This role will provide you with the opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, leadership development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess. To apply for this role please follow the below link.
We are committed to developing a diverse workforce that represents the communities in which we operate.