Job No: 925673
Location:Aus - WA Regional
Advertised:W. Australia Standard Time
Applications Close:W. Australia Standard Time
Thiess is the world's largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Our life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep us at the leading edge…optimising the mining value chain for each client.
And we're not done. We continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so our clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. Our people are central to our success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Our culture is built on our Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything we do.
As our next Trainee Serviceperson reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results.
Solomon Project, WA
Some of your duties will include;
- Undertake scheduled servicing to all mobile equipment and various mobile units according company standards and work instructions
- Daily re-fueling and oil level checks of all equipment
- Accurate recording and logging of machinery hours
- Assist Fitters and Mechanics with repairs & maintenance to Thiess' fleet machinery
- Ensure a safe workplace through ongoing inspections for hazards
- Identify faults and recommend repairs / improvements
- Be flexible and versatile in the workplace to carry out other tasks when required
What skills and experience do you need?
- Experience in the mining industry preferred
- Exposure to mechanics and automotive vehicles
- Current HR drivers licence
- You will also need to possess a high regard for and practice health and safety at all times.
Permanent, full-time opportunity on a 14/7 FIFO roster from Perth
How to Apply
This is an excellent opportunity for you to advance your career with a leading mining contractor. To apply for this role please follow the below link. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and women are encouraged to apply.
We are committed to developing a diverse workforce that represents the diversity of the communities in which we operate.