Job No: 925697
Location:Aus - WA Regional
Advertised:W. Australia Standard Time
Applications Close:W. Australia Standard Time
Thiess is the world's largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Our life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep us at the leading edge…optimising the mining value chain for each client.
And we're not done. We continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so our clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. Our people are central to our success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Our culture is built on our Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything we do.
As our next Longhole Driller reporting to the Mining Supervisor you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results.
Leinster Underground Project, Western Australia
Some of your duties will include;
- Operating machinery efficiently, safely, and competently to ensure maximum output
- Complying with Thiess policies and procedures
- Responding to instructions from Mining Supervisor
- Effectively positioning machinery to allow for efficient drilling
- Setting and maintain high housekeeping standards
- Carrying out pre-start checks
What skills and experience do you need?
- At least 4 years mining experience as an underground mining Longhole Driller operator
- Equivalent to or specific experience operating Sandvik (Tamrock) 720/DL430-7, Solo 7-7V Longhole Drill is essential
- Current drivers licence
14/7 FIFO roster. Permanent, full-time opportunity
How to Apply
This is an excellent opportunity for you to advance your career with a leading mining contractor. To apply for this role please follow the below link. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and women are encouraged to apply.
We are committed to developing a diverse workforce that represents the diversity of the communities in which we operate.