EOI - Leading Hand
Job No: 925778
Location:Aus - WA Regional
Advertised:W. Australia Standard Time
Applications Close:W. Australia Standard Time
Thiess is the world's largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Our life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep us at the leading edge…optimising the mining value chain for each client.
And we're not done. We continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so our clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. Our people are central to our success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Our culture is built on our Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything we do.
As our next Leading Hand reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results.
Some of your duties will include;
- Leadership to crew of mobile maintenance HD Fitter following managers and supervisors directives
- Perform the servicing, repair and maintenance of Leibheer excavators, Atlas Copco Drills, CAT Dozers and other equipment as directed in accordance with Thiess servicing, lubrication and maintenance systems documentation
- Source technical information from the relevant available reference manuals, technical bulletins, and computer based systems
- Supervise on the job training of apprentices and trainees in consultation with the Supervisor and training staff
- Provide technical information to staff and operations personnel
- Source and requisition parts and / or equipment requirements through the appropriate manuals or publications using the correct ordering procedure
- Verify the implementation of solutions and/or control further non-conforming machinery until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected
What skills and experience do you need?
- Cert III in Heavy Diesel Fitting or equivalent
- At least 5 years mining experience with exposure to leading or supervision of mobile maintenance HD Fitters
- Demonstrated ability to work with cross functional teams
- You will also need to possess a high regard and practice of health and safety at all times
When do you need to apply?
If people are your focus and results are your passion, then consider joining an organisation that's as excited about the important things as you are.
Apply online at www.thiess.com.au/careers or follow the below link.
We are committed to developing a diverse workforce that represents the diversity of the communities in which we operate.