Senior Engineer - Environment
Job No: 925783
Work type:Permanent (Indonesia only)
Location:Indonesia - East Kalimantan
Categories:Supervisory/Management, Environment and Community
Advertised:SE Asia Standard Time
Applications Close:SE Asia Standard Time
Thiess is the world's largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Our life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep us at the leading edge…optimising the mining value chain for each client.
And we're not done. We continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so our clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. Our people are central to our success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Our culture is built on our Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything we do.
An excellent opportunity for Senior Engineer - Environment has arisen to join our Technical Services Department team. Residentially based in Sangatta Mine Project and reporting to Superintendent Engineering.
Some of your duties will include:
- Develop, manage, communicate, implement, maintain, audit and review Quality & Environmental Management Plan consistently to meet ISO14001 requirements;
- To maintain the ISO9001 & ISO14001 requirements consistently to Thiess Quality & Environmental Management Plan and its performance for the project during the audit;
- To ensure Quality & Environmental Management Plan meet the ISO9001 & ISO14001 requirements consistently and maintain its performance for the project during the audit;
- Develop, manage, communicate, implement, maintain, audit and review quality & environmental management procedures and support their implementation so as to achieve the quality & environmental objectives targets set for the Project;
- Determine the work activities and priorities of the Quality & Environmental Group;
- Deliver Quality &Environmental Performance;
- Assign to be Site Environmental Management Representative.
What skills and experience do you need?
- Have a minimum Degree in Environmental Engineering, experience minimum of 3 years in similar role as Senior Engineer Environment
- ISO14001 Auditor; has attended training on land management, water management, re-vegetation and rehabilitation, ISO14001, waste management;
- Should have Environmental Management Plan skills; Rehabilitation Specification skills;Hydrocarbon & Waste Management skills; Environmental Monitoring skills ; Water Treatment Plan skills;
- Good in written and spoken English language skills; computer literacy; strong leadership skill; have good interpersonal and open communication; proactive, work collaborative.
Competitive salary and benefits will be offered to the right candidate.
If you want to take your career to a new level and be involved in exciting workplace change and issues, please apply and check on the "Apply" button at the bottom of this page.
"Only shortlisted candidates who apply on-line will be proceed"