Superintendent Plant Operations
Job No: 925785
Work type:Permanent (Indonesia only)
Location:Indonesia - East Kalimantan
Categories:Mining Maintenance, Supervisory/Management, Trade - Mechanical
Advertised:SE Asia Standard Time
Applications Close:SE Asia Standard Time
Thiess is the world's largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Our life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep us at the leading edge…optimising the mining value chain for each client.
And we're not done. We continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so our clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. Our people are central to our success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Our culture is built on our Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything we do.
An excellent opportunity for Superintendent Plant Operations has arisen to join our Plant Operations team in GBU Coal Mine Project, East Kalimantan - Indonesia.
Reporting to the Manager Plant you will monitor, control and supervise site maintenance activities to ensure maintenance activities are conducted in a safe and efficient manner, conform to Thiess process and procedure.
Some of your duties will include:
- Lead and manage plant operational activities on site;
- Ensure plant operational activities are completed in a safe, timely, efficient, environmentally aware and cost conscious manner;
- Ensure all mechanical inspection are carried out in detail and filed correctly;
- Ensure all necessary actions are taken to rectify any faults identified by the inspections, in accordance with the correct procedures ;
- Quality assurance for all workshop and field tasks, achieved by continual monitoring of work in progress and the procedures that are being used;
- Ensure there is effective utilisation of plant personnel and resources to achieve optimum performance in all facets ;
- Ensure when approving store issues that that parts are required and the most cost effective repair option is being used, this includes the option of alternative brand parts
- Participate in the planning process to manage forward purchasing activities for components and parts;
- Manage the relevant mobile and static plant assets to ensure 90%and 100% availability by proactive and continuous improvements to the asset base;
- Lead, organise and provide direction for employees to ensure required performance is achieved in people performance, HSE&Q outcomes and the business results;
- Proactively train workforce to meet plant operational requirements;
- Liaise with OEM’s, Dealers and Suppliers to optimise plant operational and cost performance.
What skills and experience do you need?
- Have minimum Trade Qualifications or Maintenance / Engineering qualification with minimum 15 years trade experience in mining/heavy equipment; Staff Management;
- Understanding the heavy plant business; People handling skill; diagnostic skills in all aspects of mechanical repairs;
- Mechanic experience on Thiess equipment e.g. Cat, Komatsu, Liebherr, Coal hauling and lifting equipment;
- Knowledge of welding procedures;
- IT Literacy
- OHS&E requirements Legislative and statutory requirements
- Strong leadership and motivational skills; Strong Mentoring skills; Good analytical skills; Strong communication and negotiation skills;
- A commitment to safety and a desire to maintain our Indonesian coal operations to world class international safety standards. You should also be able to clearly demonstrate previous results together with a pro-active commitment towards safety whilst having attained the teamwork and respect of local communities and adherence to relevant environmental standards;
- A demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement;
When do you need to apply?
Competitive salary and benefits will be offered to the right candidate.
If you want to take your career to a new level and be involved in exciting workplace change and issues, please apply and check on the "Apply" button at the bottom of this page.
"Only shortlisted candidates who apply on-line will be proceed"