Senior Supervisor Mechanic - Big Digger
Job No: 925786
Work type:Permanent (Indonesia only)
Location:Indonesia - East Kalimantan
Categories:Mining Maintenance, Supervisory/Management, Trade - Mechanical
Advertised:SE Asia Standard Time
Applications Close:SE Asia Standard Time
Thiess is the world's largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Our life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep us at the leading edge…optimising the mining value chain for each client.
And we're not done. We continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so our clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. Our people are central to our success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Our culture is built on our Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything we do.
In line with our future growth, we are looking for experienced Senior Supervisor Mechanic - Big Digger to join Melak Coal Mine Project in East Kalimantan, Indonesia.
Some of your duties will include:
- To ensure that the Maintenance Department goals are achieved MA>90 %, MTBS>60 hours Zero LTI, by following the procedures which are set up in Company Management Syetem.
- Communication and reporting. Ensure maximum communication levels are maintained between workshop and operations personnel regarding breakdowns safety issues, and prioritizing of equipment repairs.
- Ensure to accurate the completion of daily breakdown report for reviewing by the Senior Supervisor before end of shift every day.
- Analysis of component condition and recommendation of parts required. Ensure that the correct procedures are used when breakdowns and failures troubleshooting.
- Ensure all WOs open status have been compared with current break down equipment to make sure all WOs are controlled and closed if the job has been done.
- Review DOOD (Daily Outstanding Operator Defect), SOS report, mechanical inspection are analysed and reviewed and also ensure it is submitted in daily complete with the part recommendation. Ensure the mechanic raises the list of part recommended accurately to address all backlog, breakdowns and planned maintenance.
- Ensure all break down machine are reported in OCDC, and all information repair description, coding, start and finish have been filled in OCDC correctly.
- Prepare parts equipment and manpower for planned work and shutdown days, Ensure all repairs are carried out in an effective cost and timely manner.
- Investigation and reporting of all accident damage to all equipment in the field and associated area, this is included with the operator abuse.
- Make a safe working environment for all employees by ensuring all activities are carry out according to the work procedures in the Company Management System, JSEAs are relevant and all hazards are controlled.
- Ensure that there is no impact for the environment from the activities that are carried out to operate and repair equipment by ensuring that the procedures in the Company Management System are followed.
- Ensure that all maintenance tasks are carried out in a safe and make sure subordinate understand of our objectives and Thiess policies, and address all safety information to crew.
- Ensure all the disciplinary actions are issued as required in accordance with the Melak Mine Regulations.
What skills and experience do you need?
- Minimum Senior High School, Mechanical Engineer or Mechanical Trade Specialist is preferred; requires a minimum 5 years' professional experience in similar role as Senior Supervisor Mechanic with relevant qualification in Mechanical & Auto Electrical HE Repair and Plant Supervision in mining industry, planning of daily shut down schedule and breakdown repair; mechanical & auto electrical repair experience in experience in Big Digger unit : Liebherr, Caterpillar, Komatsu, Hitachi ; handling diagnostic skill in all aspects of electrical repairs;
- Repair and maintain medium and heavy duty equipment
- Have a certain capacity of communication with supervision and mechanic
Competitive salary and benefits will be offered to the right candidate.
If you want to take your career to a new level and be involved in exciting workplace change and issues, please apply online at our website and check on the "Apply" button at the bottom of this page.
"Only short listed candidates who match requirements will be proceed"