Leading Hand Tyre Fitter
Job No: 925788
Location:Aus - WA Regional
Advertised:W. Australia Standard Time
Applications Close:W. Australia Standard Time
Thiess is the world's largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Our life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep us at the leading edge…optimising the mining value chain for each client.
And we're not done. We continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so our clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. Our people are central to our success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Our culture is built on our Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything we do.
We have a unique opportunity for a Leading Hand Tyre Fitter reporting to the Tyre Supervisor you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results.
With a 2/1 FIFO roster from Perth, you will thrive on meeting all goals and challenges, and act with fairness and integrity in all that you do.
In return, we will celebrate your achievements and provide great opportunities for you to take your career to the next level.
Solomon Project, WA
Some of your duties will include;
- Leadership to crew of tyre fitters following managers and supervisors directives
- Diagnose tyre/rim/wheel conditions as required, Remove and replace rim/wheel to vehicles, Remove and replace tyres to rim/wheel as required.
- Perform regular tyre inflation pressure checks, adjust and report to supervisor.
- Source technical information from the relevant available reference manuals, technical bulletins, and computer based systems.
- Initiate actions to prevent the occurrence of equipment non-conformance, identify and record any equipment quality problems, initiate, recommend, or provide solutions through designated channels.
- Verify the implementation of solutions and/or control further non-conforming machinery until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected.
- Supervise on the job training in consultation with the Supervisor and training staff
- Provide technical information to staff and operations personnel
What skills and experience do you need?
- At least 5 years mining experience with exposure to a leading or supervision of tyre fitters
- Tyre Fitting qualification/courses (Cert II Minimum)
- Current forklift licence
- Current Heavy Rigid drivers licence
- You will also need to possess a high regard and practice of health and safety at all times
- Basic computer literacy skills with Tyre Management software experience preferred
When do you need to apply?
Short listing for this position will commence immediately.
To enable us to process your application as quickly as possible simply click on the 'apply' button below.