Job No: 925794
Work type:Permanent (Indonesia only)
Location:Indonesia - All
Advertised:SE Asia Standard Time
Applications Close:SE Asia Standard Time
Thiess is the world's largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Mongolia, Africa and Chile. Our life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep us at the leading edge optimising the mining value chain for each client.
And we're not done. We continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so our clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. Our people are central to our success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Our culture is built on our Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything we do.
In line with company growth, an excellent opportunity for a Manager Contract has arisen to join with Supply Chain Team based in Jakarta Head Office.
Based in Jakarta reporting to our Manager Supply Chain – Indonesia, you will contribute to provide high-level specialist support and knowledge to the regional supply chain contracts function by managing the Regional Supply Chain Contracts team.
Some of your duties will include:
- Develop and deploy a sophisticated contract management strategy and regional procurement plan
- Lead a small team of contract specialists, developing them through coaching and mentoring
- Negotiate significant contracts and develop key relationships at senior levels within suppliers
- Implement aspects of functional strategy
- Develop contract / commodity related strategies
- Honed understanding of commercial and operational drivers
What skills and experience do you need?
- Graduated from Tertiary qualifications in Business, Commerce, Engineering, Law, Science, Applied Science or other relevant field [or substantial relevant practical experience].
- Demonstrated commercial leadership in contract related roles (procurement, sales, law or marketing/business development).
- Proven capability negotiating high-value contracts with sophisticated counter-parties.
- Experience in resources, construction or engineering industries.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Industry knowledge – current practices and standards.
- Superior communication skills – able to effectively interface with leaders (suppliers and internally) to articulate appropriate messages.
- Ability to engage stakeholders, influence across the organisation and mobilize people to action.
- Understanding of procurement, financial and commercial drivers.
- Ability to understand operational requirements and balance with other drivers.
- Planning and organizing skills.
- Ability to do coordinate a number of activities simultaneously within required timelines and ensuring that they are completed to a high standard.
Competitive salary and benefits will be offered to the right candidate.
If you want to take your career to a new level and be involved in exciting workplace change and issues, please apply online at our website and check on the "Apply" button at the bottom of this page.
"Only short listed candidates who match requirements will be proceed"