Senior Engineer Mining
Job No: 925797
Location:Indonesia - South Kalimantan
Categories:Engineering - Mining
Advertised:AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications Close:AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Thiess is the world's largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Our life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep us at the leading edge…optimising the mining value chain for each client.
And we're not done. We continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so our clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. Our people are central to our success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Our culture is built on our Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything we do.
As our next Senior Engineer Mine Planning reporting to Deputy Project Manager, you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results.
Some of your duties will include:
Monitoring and controlled dump area (haul distance) and equipment productivities.
• Reconcile equipment performance achieved against that scheduled in order to explain variances and continuously improve prediction.
• Monitor the project direction of the mining operation to ensure schedules are being followed and advice on the implications of variances from schedule.
• Update schedules as required when there are significant departures from expected outcomes
• Controlled of High Wall should be closed with the model/design and coordination with project development and survey.
• Monitoring and controlled reclamation activities to achieve mine reclamation target and match with the mine plan
Control and supervise the works in field.
• Prepare permit clearing and the drawing.
• Undertake technical assessment & financial modeling for projects to determine contract variation
• Resolve technical problems and clarify any drawing or specification requirements with designers, field staff, subcontractors and client as required
What skills and experience do you need?
- Mining Engineering Degree; with minimum 5 years' experience in large open cut mining and mine engineering;
- Outstanding proficiency in geological modeling and mine planning and other general office software (Microsoft);
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills for both oral and written in English;
- Good understanding in mining principles, mine design concepts and mining methods; an awareness of mine operation regulatory requirements.
Competitive salary and benefits will be offered to the right candidate.
If you want to take your career to a new level and be involved in exciting workplace change and issues, please apply now and click on the "Apply" button at the bottom of this page.
"Only short listed candidates who apply on-line will be proceed"