Leading Hand Service Crew
Job No: 925914
Location:Aus - WA Regional
Categories:Supervisory/Management, Mining Operations
Advertised:W. Australia Standard Time
Applications Close:W. Australia Standard Time
Thiess is the world's largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Our life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep us at the leading edge…optimising the mining value chain for each client.
And we're not done. We continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so our clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. Our people are central to our success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Our culture is built on our Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything we do.
As our next Leading Hand – Service Crew reporting to the Mining Supervisor, you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results.
In return, we will celebrate your achievements and provide great opportunities for you to take your career to the next level.
Leinster Underground Mine, Western Australia
Some of your duties will include;
- Leadership to crew of service crew team following manager and supervisors directives
- Initiate, recommend or provide solutions through designated channels
- Allocate daily tasks in reference to daily mine plan and schedule
- Installation and maintenance of ventilation, compressed air, water and drainage systems
- Relocation of non-mobile equipment and consumables
- Assist other underground departments as required
What skills and experience do you need?
- Current and valid Australian Drivers Licence
- 3+ years underground mining within Service Crew
- Leadership qualities and capabilities – strong communication skills
- Proactive and hands on approach to safety at all times
When do you need to apply?
If people are your focus and results are your passion, then consider joining an organisation that's as excited about the important things as you are.
Apply online at www.thiess.com.au/careers or follow the below link.
We are committed to developing a diverse workforce that represents the diversity of the communities in which we operate.