Job No: 925946
Location:Aus - NSW Regional
Categories:Trade - Fitter, Trade - Mechanical
Advertised:AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications Close:AUS Eastern Standard Time
Thiess is the world's largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Mongolia, Africa and Chile. Our life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep us at the leading edge…optimising the mining value chain for each client.
And we're not done. We continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so our clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. Our people are central to our success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Our culture is built on our Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything we do.
As our next Diesel Fitter reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results.
Mt Arthur Mine, Muswellbrook, Hunter Valley – This is a great opportunity to be a part of a new Thiess project.
Working a lifestyle roster 5/4/4/5 12.5 hour days and nights, you will thrive on meeting all goals and challenges, and act with fairness and integrity in all that you do.
In return, we will celebrate your achievements and provide great opportunities for you to take your career to the next level.
Some of your duties will include;
- Perform the servicing, repair and maintenance of large scale mobile mining equipment including Liebherr 9800, 996, and 9350 excavators, CAT Trucks and Dozers and other ancillary equipment as directed in accordance with Thiess servicing, lubrication and maintenance systems documentation
- Completing General Maintenance, Breakdowns, Services and Component Change outs to a high regard
- Source technical information from the relevant available reference manuals, technical bulletins, OEM and computer based systems
- Ensure good housekeeping standards are maintained at all times
- Conduct required inspection to maximise equipment utilisation
What skills and experience do you need?
What’s on Offer
Thiess' employee benefits program offers choice and flexibility to enhance the lifestyle and wellbeing of our team. With benefits including discounted health insurance and more we place the health, safety and well-being of our people as our absolute priority and we're focused on ensuring everyone if fit for work and fit for life
How to apply
This role will provide you with the opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, leadership development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess. Please apply online today – applications close May 25 2018
We are committed to developing a diverse workforce that represents the communities in which we operate. For more information on our approach to Diversity and Inclusion, visit Diversity and Inclusion at Thiess