Leading Hand - Fitter (Field & Workshop)
Job No: 925947
Location:Aus - NSW Regional
Categories:Trade - Fitter, Trade - Mechanical
Advertised:AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications Close:AUS Eastern Standard Time
Thiess is the world's largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Our life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep us at the leading edge…optimising the mining value chain for each client.
And we're not done. We continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so our clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. Our people are central to our success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Our culture is built on our Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything we do.
As our next Leading Hand - Fitter reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results.
Mt Arthur Mine – Muswellbrook NSW – An exciting opportunity to join a new project.
Some of your duties will include;
- Leadership of maintenance crew following directives of managers and supervisors
- Lead the performance of servicing, repair and maintenance of Liebherr excavators, CAT Trucks and Dozers and other equipment as directed in accordance with Thiess servicing, lubrication and maintenance systems documentation
- Source technical information from the relevant available reference manuals, technical bulletins, and computer-based systems
- Assist crews to effectively meet daily safety and maintenance targets for the project
- Provide technical information to staff and operations personnel
- Source and requisition parts and / or equipment requirements through the appropriate manuals or publications using the correct ordering procedure
- Verify the implementation of solutions and/or control further non-conforming machinery until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected
What skills and experience do you need?
- Trade Qualified Plant Mechanic Certificate III Automotive Mechanical Technology (Heavy Vehicle Mobile Equipment) or equivalent
- At least 5 years mining experience with exposure to leading or supervision of mobile maintenance HD Fitters
- Demonstrated ability to work with cross functional teams
- You will also need to possess a high regard and practice of health and safety at all times
- Mining Supervisory training will be highly regarded
What’s on Offer
Thiess' employee benefits program offers choice and flexibility to enhance the lifestyle and wellbeing of our team. With benefits including discounted health insurance, and more we place the health, safety and well-being of our people as our absolute priority and we're focused on ensuring everyone if fit for work and fit for life
How to apply
This role will provide you with the opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, leadership development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess. Please apply online today – applications May 25th 2018
We are committed to developing a diverse workforce that represents the communities in which we operate. For more information on our approach to Diversity and Inclusion, visit Diversity and Inclusion at Thiess