Supervisor Mechanic - Big Digger
Job No: 926037
Work type:Permanent, Permanent (Indonesia only)
Location:Indonesia - East Kalimantan
Categories:Mining Maintenance, Supervisory/Management, Trade - Mechanical
Advertised:SE Asia Standard Time
Applications Close:SE Asia Standard Time
Thiess is the world's largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Our life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep us at the leading edge…optimising the mining value chain for each client.
And we're not done. We continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so our clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. Our people are central to our success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Our culture is built on our Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything we do.
An excellent opportunity for Supervisor Mechanic – Big Digger has arisen to join our Plant Operations Department. Residentially based in Melak Coal Mine Projects.
Some of your duties will include:
- Ensure that the maintenance department goals are achieved;
- ensure maximum communication levels are maintained between workshop and operations personnel regarding breakdowns safety issues, and prioritizing of the equipment repairs;
- ensure plant operational activities are completed in a safe, timely, efficient, environmentally aware and cost conscious manner;
- ensure there is effective utilization of plant personnel and resources to achieve optimum performance in all facets; participate in the planning process to manage forward purchasing activities for components and parts; assist Plant Planning & Sites in the development of structured plant maintenance schedules; optimize major rebuild schedules with Plant Planning;
- Manage the relevant mobile plant assets to ensure 90% availability by proactive and continuous improvements to the asset base;
- lead, organize and provide direction for employees to ensure required performance is achieved in people performance, HSE&Q outcomes and the business results; proactively train workforce to meet plant operational requirements; liaise with OEM's, dealers and suppliers to purchase parts and to optimize plant operational and cost performance
What skills and experience do you need?
- Minimum Senior High School, Mechanical Engineer or Mechanical Trade Specialist is preferred; requires a minimum 5 years' professional experience in similar role as Supervisor Mechanic with relevant qualification in Mechanical & Auto Electrical HE Repair and Plant Supervision in mining industry, planning of daily shut down schedule and breakdown repair; mechanical & auto electrical repair experience in experience in Big Digger unit : Liebherr, Caterpillar, Komatsu, Hitachi ; handling diagnostic skill in all aspects of electrical repairs;
- Good leadership and people management skills preferably with training in staff supervision; have ability in resource planning and OHS&E supervision; excellent interpersonal and communication skills for both oral and written in English; able to work under pressure are preferred character traits;
Competitive salary and benefits will be offered to the right candidate.
If you want to take your career to a new level and be involved in exciting workplace change and issues, please apply online at our website and check on the "Apply" button at the bottom of this page.
"Only short listed candidates who match requirements will be proceed"