ICT Service Engineer
Job No: 926038
Location:Chile - All
Advertised:Pacific SA Standard Time
Applications Close:Pacific SA Standard Time
Thiess is the world's largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Our life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep us at the leading edge…optimising the mining value chain for each client.
And we're not done. We continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so our clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. Our people are central to our success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Our culture is built on our Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything we do.
As our next ICT Service Engineer, you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results.
Some of your duties will include:
- Provide timely & quality support, investigation, response, feedback, escalation, assistance and resolution to incidents logged by the Thiess Helpdesk to Thiess & Business Unit Employees.
- Travel to Thiess mine sites to maintain/service/upgrade their hardware & software including Windows 10.
- Ensure all incidents and work tasks are updated and maintained in a timely and informative manner
- Ensure all systems and network services are available when required by the business and are performing as expected
- Day to day administration of Thiess Systems and associated hardware
- Install and implement hardware and software on Local Area Networks
- Assist procurement needs by obtaining prices and sourcing ICT supplies as directed
- Project Management
What skills and experience do you need?
- Firm knowledge of industry cabling standards and methods
- Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of the organization
- Knowledge of security practices
- Working knowledge of common desktop software including MS Office and Outlook
- Working knowledge of workstation hardware, peripheral devices and networks
- Knowledge of Anti-Virus Practices
- Ability to provide in-depth technical PC support and analysis
When do you need to apply?