Job No: 926094
Work type:Permanent (Indonesia only)
Location:Indonesia - South Kalimantan
Categories:Accounting/Tax/Treasury, Planning/Scheduling/Project Control
Advertised:AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications Close:AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Thiess is the world's largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Our life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep us at the leading edge…optimising the mining value chain for each client.
And we're not done. We continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so our clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. Our people are central to our success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Our culture is built on our Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything we do.
In line with our future growth, we are looking for experienced Indonesian national as Superintendent Commercial to join in one of our projects in Kalimantan.
Some of your duties will include:
- Manage the Commercial and claim functions of the project;
- In the initial stages at Senakin, understand the data of the internal and external reports and where the data is sourced;
- Understand and maintain controls systems to allow accurate and timely financial reporting for the project;
- Learn and become familiar with the processes involved and initially assist in the preparation of monthly valuations; Learn and become familiar with the processes involved and initially assist in the preparation of the monthly JDE Forecast reports;
- Learn and become familiar with the processes involved in Mine Trak daily resource reporting.
- Learn and understand the internal project controls involved in ‘over claims’ and ‘under claims’ to assist the Project Manager in the monthly contract valuation reporting.
- During the initial period, understand the complexities of the materials management and logging requirements of all the numerous activities; Understand the method of payments for all progress claims;
- Maintain an awareness of the financial status of the project to ensure that costs are maintained and budgeted profits achieved.
What skills and experience do you need?
- Tertiary degree in Engineering or similar commercial; A minimum of 5 years' experience in a similar role; Previous experience at a mine or construction site.
- Advanced skills in project scheduling (Primavera P3 / Sure track); JDE Forecasting systems
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills; attention to details; good in coaching/mentoring and negotiation/mediation; Efficient; good analytical; conflict resolution; sound decision making skills; excellent communication skills in English both verbal and written and computer literate
Competitive salary and benefits will be offered to the right candidate.
If you want to take your career to a new level and be involved in exciting workplace change and issues, please apply and check on the "Apply" button at the bottom of this page.
"Only shortlisted candidates who apply on-line will be proceed"