Senior Geologist & Geotechnical
Job No: 926210
Work type:Permanent (Indonesia only)
Location:Indonesia - South Kalimantan
Categories:Engineering - Mining
Advertised:AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications Close:AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Thiess is the world's largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Mongolia, Africa and Chile. Our life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep us at the leading edge optimising the mining value chain for each client.
And we're not done. We continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so our clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. Our people are central to our success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Our culture is built on our Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything we do.
In line with our future growth, we are looking for skilled Indonesian national for the position as Senior Geologist & Geotechnical to join our project in Wahana Coal Mine Project, South Kalimantan.
Some of your duties will include:
- To provide and ensure competent - professional geological and geotechnical function, including coal getting activity, recovery, stockpile management, geotechnical hazard and its assessment, and any other technical support, so as to meet the target, well implemented, and maximize the productivities and recovery in the most cost-efficient manner, while ensuring a safe professional environment is maintained.
- In collaboration with Senior Mine Plan and Geologist; review and interpret the data to create a geological database
- Supervising Geologist; assist, control, and advice the model development by external consultants or JHO engineering group
- Supervising Geologist; calculate, analyze, and evaluate the risk of the model including qualitative, quantitative, and rank data of the reserve/ resources from the model
- Supervising Geologist; daily coal extraction, stockpile management and coordinate the hauling activity to end user (Jetty WBM and Muara Port)
- Supervising Geologist; to lead the reconciliation process, managing reconciliation database and coordinate with JHO for reconciliation and roll back analysis
- Ensure mine reserves and surveyed data are up to date
- Prepare, develop, and present graphical information showing the nature of the deposit as required
- Prepare, develop, and present geological report for every period required by internal organization and clients
- Improve and ensure each other conformity between model, the actual mineable seam and its coal getting process
- In collaboration with Senior Mine Plan and Supervising Geotechnical Engineer directly; provide and ensure all the design / plan are used, has been geotechnically analyzed and recommend the best outcome in term of operational and cost effective
- In collaboration with Senior Mine Plan to ensure all the design is well implemented in term of allowed safety factor
- Conduct on job training for all geotechnical software for the related engineer
- Develop and maintain geotechnical hazard management to ensure everyone have the same information and knowledge of the hazard
- Closely coordinate with Geotechnical Section in JHO
What skills and experience do you need?
- Bachelor/Diploma Degree in mining engineering or geology. Pratama” Certification – Mine and Energy Department – preferred POM
- A minimum of 5 years professional experience in a similar role in large open cut mining operation
- Previous similar supervisory experience
- Familiar with Microsoft Office, Minescape, Open Pit & Stratmodel
- Slope W / Dip / Slide / Rockscience etc.
Competitive salary and benefits will be offered to the right candidate.
If you want to take your career to a new level and be involved in exciting workplace change and issues, please apply and check on the "Apply" button at the bottom of this page.
"Only short listed candidates who match requirements will be proceed"