Job No: 926211
Location:Aus - QLD - Bowen Basin
Advertised:E. Australia Standard Time
Applications Close:E. Australia Standard Time
Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
The Lake Vermont Coal Project is situated in Dysart, North Queensland.
About the role
As our next Boilermaker reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results.
This role is a permanent position that will see you working 12 hour rotating day shifts and night shifts on a 7/7 Roster (Wednesday – Tuesday); full camp facilities are available and bus transportation is provided from Mackay or Rockhampton to the Dysart Camp.
In this role, your responsibilities will include:
- Perform the repair and maintenance of mobile fleet and other equipment in accordance with Thiess servicing, lubrication and maintenance systems documentation
- Source technical information from the relevant available reference manuals, technical bulletins and computer based systems
- Inspections and minor repairs to mobile equipment with some fabrication work on an as required basis.
- Setting and maintaining high housekeeping standards
- Carrying out pre-start checks
Role Requirements as a Boilermaker at Lake Vermont:
- A commitment to a positive safety culture
- Trade Certificate in Engineering Fabrication or Equivalent
- HR driver’s licence preferable
- Post-trade experience working in the mining and heavy earth moving industry, or hydraulic excavator industry
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always.
Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role please follow the below link. Applications close on Sunday 28th October 2018.