Quality Assurance Quality Control Advisor
Job No: 926213
Location:Aus - WA Regional
Categories:Trades/Maintenance, Trade - Fitter, Trade - Operations
Advertised:W. Australia Standard Time
Applications Close:W. Australia Standard Time
Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
Located 60 kilometers north of Tom Price in Western Australia, our Solomon Project in the Pilbara.
About the role
The Quality Assurance Quality Control Advisor will ensure all work undertaken is aligned with the direction from the Maintenance Management team and quality assurance is in accordance with all Thiess maintenance standards, procedures, safe operating practices and Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) specifications. A key focus of this position is coaching and mentoring of all team members with a high focus on operational discipline and compliance to all processes to ensure that all equipment fleets achieves maximum availability and reliability for minimal cost.
In this role, you will:
- Continually look for ways to improve our maintenance practices;
- Review quality of workmanship to ensure work is carried out as per Thiess and OEM standards, processes and procedures;
- As a subject matter expert (SME) upskill others through knowledge transfer of technical knowledge;
- High quality post service inspections of machines to ensure MTBF trends in the right direction; and
- High quality JPS's to ensure the less urgent defects are rectified before major damage occurs.
- Trade certificate or equivalent qualifications;
- Extensive knowledge of mobile plant maintenance processes and requirements;
- Experience in coaching and mentoring people;
- Experience supervising crews in a leading hand or step up supervisor capacity; and
- Strong written and verbal communication skills along with the ability to manage time.
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always.
Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role please follow the below link. Applications close on 25th October 2018 at 5:00pm AEST