EOI - Manager Mining Operations
Job No: 926246
Location:Indonesia - All, Indonesia - Kalimantan
Categories:Supervisory / Management, Mining Operations
Advertised:SE Asia Standard Time
Applications Close:SE Asia Standard Time
Thiess is the world's largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Our life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep us at the leading edge…optimising the mining value chain for each client.
And we're not done. We continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so our clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. Our people are central to our success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Our culture is built on our Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything we do.
In line with company growth, we are looking to appoint a suitably qualified and motivated high calibre national or expatriate mining professional in what will be a key leadership role in the capacity of Manager Mining Operations.
Based in Jakarta and reporting to President Director PT Thiess Contractors Indonesia, you will be tasked with leading our mining teams in Kalimantan to develop and implement safe work practices, setting and achieving performance goals, developing and auditing work procedures and implementing continuous improvement initiatives in order to ensure lower costs and better mining performance
Some of your duties will include:
- Preparing and reviewing mining budgets;
- Manage the contractual aspects of the mining contracting business;
- Manage the cost control and reporting against budget of maintenance costs ;
- Develop and maintain strong customer relationships.
- Ensure the mobile plant fleet is managed to achieve optimum levels of utilisation, availability, and whole of life cost and performance capability.
- Ensure that the client’s fixed assets are managed to achieve optimum levels of availability, whole life cost and performance capabilities.
- Manage the workforce to create a safe, productive, cost conscious work ethic through a cooperative approach with the workforce and unions.
- Manage the mine and Client to achieve budgeted profit margins.
- Manage all operating costs to achieve minimum cost per tonne of Product. Establish and manage planning and scheduling regimes to maximise the value of the resource to TCI and client.
- Manage the works within the terms of the contract.
- Provide a leadership role in the Management of the mine, developing & continuing the participative communicative culture established.
- Be seen as the key player in instigating change & improvement.
- Contribute to the development of strategies to grow and improve the mining business.
- Demonstrate an approach to safety, health and environment that reflects the importance that TCI place on these values.
- Manage the mining operation to achieve benchmark performance in safety and environmental performance and ensure no breaches of safety, environmental or mining lease condition.
- Ensure any accident or incident is reported to the appropriate authorities, client & TCI as required.
What skills and experience do you need?
- Mining or Civil Engineering Degree or possibly Project Management
- 20 years+ working exposure to Mine Operations.
- 15 years+ as a manager or leader of people within senior operations management roles with a mining contractor firm, or production oriented large scale OP mining environments.
- Overseas experience in leading Mine Group / Operations.
- Contract experience
- Open cut operations experience
- Coal experience preferred
- Analytical and understanding of contractual obligations and their impact on profitability
- Cultural sensitivity with an understanding of issues relevant to large scale civil projects within developing countries.
- Strong leadership and motivational skills; Strong Mentoring skills; Good analytical skills; Strong communication and negotiation skills;
- A commitment to safety and a desire to maintain our Indonesian coal operations to world class international safety standards. You should also be able to clearly demonstrate previous results together with a pro-active commitment towards safety whilst having attained the teamwork and respect of local communities and adherence to relevant environmental standards;
- A demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement;
- Cross Cultural Management sensitivity and an understanding of community issues relevant to large mining projects within developing countries;
- A willingness to travel regionally within Indonesia as required.
When do you need to apply?
Competitive salary and benefits will be offered to the right candidate.
If you want to take your career to a new level and be involved in exciting workplace change and issues, please apply online at our website and check on the "Apply" button at the bottom of this page.
"Only short listed candidates who match requirements will be proceed"