Job No: 926249
Location:Aus - QLD - Bowen Basin
Categories:Mining Maintenance, Trades - Maintenance
Advertised:E. Australia Standard Time
Applications Close:E. Australia Standard Time
Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
The Lake Vermont Coal Project is situated in Dysart, North Queensland.
About the role
As our next Field Maintenance Leading Hand reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results within a high-performance team.
This role is a permanent position that will see you working 12-hour rotating day and night shifts on a 7/7 Roster (Wednesday – Tuesday); full camp facilities are available and bus transportation is provided from Mackay or Rockhampton to the Dysart Camp.
In this role, your responsibilities will include:
- Lead your crew ensuring everyone works safely and efficiently every shift
- Ensure your crew is carry out planned maintenance and servicing of equipment systems to high standards.
- Source and utilize technical information, technical bulletins, OEM procedures and data from various sources.
- Maintain high standard of safety and housekeeping at all times
- Conduct regular inspections of fleet to maximise equipment availability
Role Requirements as a Field Maintenance Leading Hand at Lake Vermont:
- Relevant trade or engineering qualifications
- Knowledge and commitment to Safety Health and Management Systems
- Experience working as a leading hand in the maintenance field on an operational mine
- Operational mine site experience
- Experience in general service, maintenance, breakdowns, component change outs and proper diagnostics
- Computer system JDE experience preferred
- OEM computer-based systems, Cat, Cummins, Hitachi and Liebherr experience is desirable
- Be reliable, motivated and be able to work under pressure with changing priorities
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always.
Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role please follow the below link. Applications close on Sunday 25th November 2018.