Superintendent Plant - Expatriate
Job No: 926251
Work type:Fixed Term (Fixed Term), Visa Holder - Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Location:Aus - All, Indonesia - All, Indonesia - Kalimantan
Categories:Mining Maintenance, Supervisory / Management
Advertised:AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications Close:AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Thiess is the world's largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Our life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep us at the leading edge…optimising the mining value chain for each client.
And we're not done. We continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so our clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. Our people are central to our success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Our culture is built on our Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything we do.
In line with our future growth, we are looking for a skilled Expatriate Superintendent Plant to join one of our open cut coal operations in Kalimantan, Indonesia.
Reporting to the Superintendent Plant Operations you will monitor, control and supervise site maintenance activities to ensure maintenance activities are conducted in a safe and efficient manner, conform to Thiess process and procedure.
Joining Thiess will expose the successful candidate to many extraordinary career opportunities within our global portfolio.
Some of your duties will include:
- Lead and manage plant operational activities on site, ensuring the plant operational activities are completed in a safe, timely, efficient, environmentally aware and cost conscious manner;
- Ensure all mechanical inspection are carried out in detail and filed correctly;
- Ensure all necessary actions are taken to rectify any faults identified by the inspections, in accordance with the correct procedures ;
- Quality assurance for all workshop and field tasks, achieved by continual monitoring of work in progress and the procedures that are being used;
- Ensure there is effective utilisation of plant personnel and resources to achieve optimum performance in all facets;
- Manage the relevant mobile and static plant assets to ensure 90%and 100% availability by proactive and continuous improvements to the asset base;
- Lead, organise and provide direction and training for employees to ensure required performance is achieved in people performance, HSE&Q outcomes and the business results;
- Liaise with OEM’s, Dealers and Suppliers to optimise plant operational and cost performance.
What skills and experience do you need?
- A Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline;
- 15 years industry mining maintenance experience;
- People handling skill diagnostic skills in all aspects of mechanical repairs;
- Mechanic experience on Thiess equipment e.g. Cat, Komatsu, Liebherr, Coal hauling and lifting equipment;
- Knowledge of welding procedures;
- IT Literacy
- OHS&E requirements Legislative and statutory requirements
- Strong leadership and motivational skills; Strong Mentoring skills; Good analytical skills; Strong communication and negotiation skills;
- A commitment to safety and a desire to maintain our Indonesian coal operations to world class international safety standards. You should also be able to clearly demonstrate previous results together with a pro-active commitment towards safety whilst having attained the teamwork and respect of local communities and adherence to relevant environmental standards;
- A demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement;
- Cross Cultural Management sensitivity and an understanding of community issues relevant to large mining projects within developing countries;
- Ability to work on a fly-in-out overseas mine site
When do you need to apply?
If you want to take your career to a new level and be involved in exciting workplace change and issues, please apply online or send your application by email to email@example.com by 24 October, 2017.
A competitive salary and benefits will be offered to the right candidate.
"Only short listed candidates who match requirements will proceed"