EOI - Engineer Geotechnical
Job No: 926252
Work type:Permanent (Indonesia only)
Location:Indonesia - All, Indonesia - East Kalimantan, Indonesia - Kalimantan, Indonesia - South Kalimantan
Categories:Engineering - Other, Supervisory / Management
Advertised:SE Asia Standard Time
Applications Close:SE Asia Standard Time
Thiess is the world's largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Our life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep us at the leading edge…optimising the mining value chain for each client.
And we're not done. We continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so our clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. Our people are central to our success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Our culture is built on our Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything we do.
An excellent opportunity for Engineer Geotechnical has arisen to join our Engineering Department. Residentially based in one of our our Projects in Kalimantan, Indonesia.
Some of your duties will include:
- Provide a range of geological and geotechnical analysis for mining activities and related services to the Thiess Indonesia Business Unit;
- Conduct geotech analysis and provide solution to any stability issues;
- Providing mine planning and production personnel with data on the geological and geotech conditions predicted for mining;
- Ensuring maximum coal recovery in the most cost effectively and safe manner;
- Maintain coordination level with Site Geologist to get more accurate recommendation
What skills and experience do you need?
- Minimum of Bachelor degree of Geotechnical Engineering with minimum of 3 years’ experience in open pit coal mining operation n similar role as Engineer Geotechnical ; previous experience at a mine site preferred
- Proficient in mining principles, mining design concepts & operations in both coal, mine operation regulatory requirements; heavy machinery operations practices, Mincom or similar packages; possess government certification of POP (Pratama Competency Test);
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, good analytical, adaptable and fast learner person. Excellent communication skills in English both verbal and written; and computer literate.
Competitive salary and benefits will be offered to the right candidate.
If you want to take your career to a new level and be involved in exciting workplace change and issues, please apply and check on the "Apply" button at the bottom of this page.
"Only short listed candidates who match requirements will be proceed"