EOI - Engineer Mining
Job No: 926253
Work type:Permanent (Indonesia only)
Location:Indonesia - All, Indonesia - East Kalimantan, Indonesia - Kalimantan, Indonesia - South Kalimantan
Categories:Engineering - Mining
Advertised:SE Asia Standard Time
Applications Close:SE Asia Standard Time
Thiess is the world's largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Our life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep us at the leading edge…optimising the mining value chain for each client.
And we're not done. We continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so our clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. Our people are central to our success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Our culture is built on our Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything we do.
An excellent opportunity for Engineer Mining has arisen to join our one of our Projects in East Kalimantan, Indonesia.
Some of your duties will include :
- Evaluate and analyse project performance data related to productivity, cost & safety utilising company’s standard systems in order to ensure data reliability.
- Contribute to the development of the short term detailed mine execution plans to integrate with the mining operations.
- Monitor and coordinate engineering activities to ensure efficient production of engineering plans to meet contract program requirements.
- Analyse and identify engineering problems in order to propose solutions and expedite actions regarding the client agreement where necessary.
- Review client plans and requests to ensure the requirements defined are incorporated in the works and the responsibilities allocated under the project quality system and understood and implemented.
- Prepare data for the progress claim report to be reviewed by the Engineering Superintendent
- Collect data related to subcontractor performance in order to prepare summary reports required for the project
- Support and cooperate with site survey team in order to analyse progress surveys and haul profile surveys.
- Coaching and mentoring of graduate mining engineers, mining engineers and technical assistants in order to provide technical support.
What skills and experience do you need?
- Minimum of Bachelor degree of Mining Engineering with minimum of 3 years’ experience in open pit coal mining operation n similar role as Engineer Mining ; previous experience at a mine site preferred
- Certified in POP from Mine and Energy Department.
- Proficient in geological modelling, mine planning (Mincom) and other general office software (Microsoft), XPAC, TALPAC
- Proficient in Mining Principles, Mine design concepts and mining methods.
If you want to take your career to a new level and be involved in exciting workplace change and issues, please apply now and click on the "Apply" button at the bottom of this page.
"Only short listed candidates who apply on-line will be proceed"