UG Drill & Blast Engineer
Job No: 977915
Work type:Permanent Full-time
Location:Aus - WA Regional
Categories:Engineering - Mining, Engineering - Other
Advertised:W. Australia Standard Time
Applications Close:W. Australia Standard Time
Thiess is the world's largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Our life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep us at the leading edge…optimising the mining value chain for each client.
And we're not done. We continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so our clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. Our people are central to our success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Our culture is built on our Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything we do.
We have a unique opportunity for a Drill & Blast Engineer reporting to the Senior Mining Engineer you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results.
With a 9/5 FIFO roster from Perth, you will thrive on meeting all goals and challenges, and act with fairness and integrity in all that you do.
In return, we will celebrate your achievements and provide great opportunities for you to take your career to the next level.
Some of your duties will include;
- Drill & Blast designs that optimise the extraction of the Leinster orebody
- Development of drill and blast strategic management plans
- Prepare and monitor budgets and targets for the drill and blast team
- Assist in daily reporting of drill and blast equipment availability and utilisation
- Reconciling and managing the use of drill and blast consumables
- Prepare project documentation and monthly reports
- Provide technical assistance to the Production Engineers to enable optimal stope designs and extraction of the orebody
- Timely delivery of drilling and charging plans
What skills and experience do you need?
- Significant UG Drill & Blast Design experience
- Experience with UG Electronic Detonation systems
- 5+ years' experience in a similar role within the underground mining industry
- Ability to lead and motivate a workforce to achieve high standards of safety, productivity and performance
- Experience with mine design packages (Deswik preferred)
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
- Self-motivated and capable of working with minimal supervision
When do you need to apply?
If people are your focus and results are your passion, then consider joining an organisation that's as excited about the important things as you are.
Apply online at www.thiess.com.au/careers or follow the below link