Rental Business Development Manager
Job No: 978087
Work type:Permanent Full-time
Location:Aus - Brisbane
Advertised:E. Australia Standard Time
Applications Close:E. Australia Standard Time
Thiess is the world's largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Our life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep us at the leading edge…optimising the mining value chain for each client.
And we're not done. We continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so our clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. Our people are central to our success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Our culture is built on our Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything we do.
As our next Rental Business Development Manager reporting to the General Manager, Fleetco & Disposals, you will work collaboratively towards delivering increased sales revenue within the Fleetco Rentals Division and build the pipeline and customer base. Additionally, you will maintain and service the existing clients to strengthen relationships and generate organic growth.
Some of your duties will include:
- Build the Fleetco rental customer network within Fleetco's client relationship management framework
- Deliver annual revenue targets and growth in line with business plans
- Deliver fleet utilisation and customer service targets in line with business plans
- Assist with the selection of assets based on client requirements and deliver cost model build up to deliver solutions
- Supplier pre-qualification and financial assessments (CRA)
- Assist in the setup of the Fleetco operating model for dry hire rental
- Work with GM and Finance Manager to build ongoing strategy and deliver market competitive solutions
- Pipeline management, including upkeep of Salesforce – weekly and monthly reporting
- Work with Thiess Operations to build relationship network and culture of customer service within Fleetco
- Maintain database of industry intelligence on rental equipment rates
- Review of proposed rental agreements to ensure Thiess and Fleetco interests are protected
What skills and experience do you need?
- Bachelor Degree or Trade Qualifications
- >5 years in a related role (i.e. sales within the mining industry – equipment or rental)
- High level of sales experience in mining equipment and/or rental equipment
- Customer service focused and client relationship orientation
- Mechanical engineering or trade background preferred and/or an in depth understanding of mining fleet and application theory
- Good understanding of Asset Management principles
- Contract Management, financial and commercial principles
When do you need to apply?
Please submit your application by 5pm, Sunday 26th February 2017