Job No: 978607
Work type:Permanent Full-time
Location:Aus - WA Regional
Advertised:W. Australia Standard Time
Applications Close:W. Australia Standard Time
Thiess is the world's largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Our life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep us at the leading edge…optimising the mining value chain for each client.
And we're not done. We continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so our clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. Our people are central to our success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Our culture is built on our Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything we do.
As our next Underground Mine Surveyor reporting to the Senior Surveyor, you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results.
With a 9/5 FIFO roster from Perth, you will thrive on meeting all goals and challenges, and act with fairness and integrity in all that you do.
Some of your duties will include;
- To ensure adequate survey control, support and timely set out, pick up and measurement of the mining design and execution of programmed work in the underground operations
- To manage the data and calculation of all material moved enabling timely and accurate reporting
- To respond promptly to the day to day requirements of the underground mining team, and safely delivering the services required
- Ensure that production and development targets are achieved through accurate survey work by applying due diligence and ensuring the care, calibration and maintenance of survey equipment
- EOM surveys for development and volume calculations
- Incident and environmental surveys
- Maintain plans for the Underground including Ventilation and UG Emergency plans
What skills and experience do you need?
- 2 years+ experience in an underground environment (Essential)
- Formal qualification in Surveying (Grade 1 certification would be highly regarded)
- Self-motivated with a working knowledge and understanding of Mines Regulations, OH&S and Duty of Care
- Competence in the use of Vulcan and Deswik softwares, Leica Total Stations and Optech CMS Survey Equipment
- Valid Driver’s Licence "C"- Class minimum.
When do you need to apply?
If people are your focus and results are your passion, then consider joining an organisation that's as excited about the important things as you are.
Apply online at www.thiess.com.au/careers or follow the below link.