Community Relations Officer
Job No: 978711
Work type:Permanent Full-time
Location:Aus - NSW Regional
Advertised:AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications Close:AUS Eastern Standard Time
Thiess is the world's largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Our life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep us at the leading edge…optimising the mining value chain for each client.
And we're not done. We continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so our clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. Our people are central to our success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Our culture is built on our Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything we do.
We are currently seeking expressions of interest for a Community Relations Officer at the Mt Pleasant Mine in regional NSW. Reporting to the Environmental Superintendent you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results.
The purpose of this role is to provide leadership on community, stakeholder and social performance matters including risk and to develop and implement the Mt Pleasant Mine’s Community Engagement Management Plan in accordance with the contract, Thiess Management System and the Thiess business strategy.
The primary purpose applies to the following scope:
- Community engagement and media management in close consultation with the Client
- Local content
- Social involvement
- Social investment
- Internal communication, project inductions and community relations training
- External relations including but not limited to community, Client, Indigenous and Industry
What skills and experience do you need?
- A social sciences, humanities, communications, arts university degree and/or post-graduate studies in the areas of business would be beneficial for this role
- Community and stakeholder relations project experience
- Experience developing and managing Community Engagement and Social Performance Project requirements in a contract environment
- Experience managing, motivating and influencing teams to achieve ambitious targets
- Excellent communication skills, confident presenter and able to engage with people at all levels
- Able to escalate risks and opportunities to the appropriate management levels to ensure they are addressed
How to apply
This role will provide you with the opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, leadership development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to apply. To apply for this role please follow the below link.
We are committed to developing a diverse workforce that represents the communities in which we operate.