Maintenance Training Manager
Job No: 978716
Work type:Permanent Full-time
Location:Aus - Brisbane
Categories:HR & Training
Advertised:E. Australia Standard Time
Applications Close:E. Australia Standard Time
Thiess is the world's largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Our life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep us at the leading edge…optimising the mining value chain for each client.
And we're not done. We continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so our clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. Our people are central to our success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Our culture is built on our Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything we do.
As our next Maintenance Training Manager, reporting to the Group Training Manager, you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results.
Based in Brisbane, you will be responsible for the design and delivery of maintenance training across Thiess. Frequent domestic and international travel will be required for the successful candidate.
Some of your duties will include:
- Lead the development of classroom curriculum and training materials
- Evaluate training effectiveness to ensure that training meets organisation requirements and goals
- Provide guidance/leadership to regional based training personnel
- Identify and implement best practice training and assessment practices
- Develop new ideas and identify new sources of training to support company future needs
- Provide internal needs assessment for maintenance specific learning needs, including:
- Skills analysis
- Group and meeting facilitation
- Assist site managers on all on-going projects as required
- Interface with a broad range of internal stakeholders to determine training requirements
- Establish and maintain training moderation group to ensure training materials are aligned to business requirements
What skills and experience do you need?
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Trade/Craft qualifications - preferably in a mining environment
- Experience in training course design, delivery and program management
- Extensive understanding of national mining training packages both in Australia and Overseas
- Knowledge of current legislation that applies within the mining and training industry
- Strong relationship building, influencing and conflict resolution skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
When do you need to apply?
If you want to take your career to a new level and be involved with a leading mining contractor, please apply online at our website and click on the "Apply" button at the bottom of this page.