People & Capability Manager - Asia & Africa
Job No: 978717
Work type:Permanent Full-time
Location:Aus - Perth
Categories:HR & Training
Advertised:W. Australia Standard Time
Applications Close:W. Australia Standard Time
Thiess is the world's largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Our life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep us at the leading edge…optimising the mining value chain for each client.
And we're not done. We continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so our clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. Our people are central to our success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Our culture is built on our Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything we do.
As our next People & Capability Manager – Asia and Africa, reporting to the Group General Manager – People & Capability, you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results.
Based in Perth, you will provide HR strategic support and transition our international operations to align with Thiess’s organisational objectives to achieve consistency in our approach globally. Frequent international travel will be required for the successful candidate.
Some of your duties will include:
- Develop and implement a people strategy that is aligned to the business and people operational plans in Africa and Asia
- Drive the people strategy to support the growth plans of Thiess’ international operations, by providing a working environment that attracts, retains, develops and mobilises the talented personnel we need to be competitive in the marketplace
- Keep abreast of the nominated BU’s commercial progress to assist in providing HR input to new work strategy and development
- Provide strategic and operational specialist HR knowledge and expertise
- Lead the development and implementation of international HR strategies, systems, standards and initiatives that support broader business needs and complies with relevant legal, governance and ethical standards
- Lead the development of people mobilisation strategies, procedures and processes and monitor implementation
- Ensure appropriate management and operational implementation of HR risk management structures, systems, guidance and processes
- Maintain a proactive and regular presence at projects across the business unit
- Ensure cost effective arrangements are in place relating to external suppliers and that such arrangements are adhered to and regularly reviewed
- Ensuring the establishment and maintenance of industrial arrangements across the operating areas of the business unit
What skills and experience do you need?
- A bachelor degree or equivalent in management, business, legal or HR
- Previous experience providing strategic HR leadership in international locations (preferably in the Asia and Africa regions)
- Strong relationship building, influencing and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated commitment to business excellence and continuous improvement
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
When do you need to apply?
If you want to take your career to a new level and be involved with a leading mining contractor, please apply online at our website and click on the "Apply" button at the bottom of this page.