Talent Management & Development Manager
Job No: 978718
Work type:Permanent Full-time
Location:Aus - Brisbane
Categories:HR & Training
Advertised:E. Australia Standard Time
Applications Close:E. Australia Standard Time
Thiess is the world's largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Our life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep us at the leading edge…optimising the mining value chain for each client.
And we're not done. We continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so our clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. Our people are central to our success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Our culture is built on our Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything we do.
As our next Talent Management & Development Manager, reporting to the Group General Manager – People, Capability & Communications, you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results.
Based in Brisbane, you will be responsible for driving talent management, leadership development and diversity and inclusion strategies across Thiess’ global business. Some domestic and international travel will be required.
Some of your duties will include:
- Conduct and evaluate individual leadership, career and talent assessments as appropriate using a variety of tools. In addition, based on competency evaluation, provide for development plans.
- Develop and administer a succession planning process which focuses on building ‘bench strength’ in the business
- Conduct individual leadership, career and talent assessments as appropriate using a variety of tools
- Form collaborative relationships with People and Culture Business Partners in order to execute talent strategies and efforts to support the growth/strategic objectives of the company
- Oversee the annual performance management process that focuses employee's efforts on the achievement of business goals and attainment of requisite skills/competencies to sustain profitable growth
- Identify or develop company-wide or individual learning initiatives that focus employee development toward achievement of both business and personal career goals.
- Introduce a formal Learning & Development framework which enables employees and leaders to self-manage development.
- Identify and analyze organisational effectiveness opportunities and recommend initiatives that address global and regional opportunities based on business strategy. Initially this focus will be on Culture and Engagement activities that enhance business performance.
- Research latest development in management, leadership and organization development areas and keep abreast to serve as a subject matter expert and consult to organization regarding critical people issues.
What skills and experience do you need?
- Master’s Degree or advanced degree in Industrial/Organizational psychology
- A minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in HR and a minimum of 5 years in a learning and development leadership role
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent written, oral and positive influential interpersonal skills
- Strong business acumen and ability to translate business strategy into organization development plans
- Solid knowledge of global HRIS / Learning & Development systems and MS Office programs
- Results-oriented and "hands-on" approach
- Must be highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be a problem solver and be able to work independently
When do you need to apply?
If you want to take your career to a new level and be involved with a leading mining contractor, please apply online at our website and click on the "Apply" button at the bottom of this page.