Job No: 979129
Work type:Permanent Full-time
Location:Aus - NSW Regional
Categories:Planning/Scheduling/Project Control, Mining Maintenance
Advertised:AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications Close:AUS Eastern Standard Time
Thiess is the world's largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Our life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep us at the leading edge…optimising the mining value chain for each client.
And we're not done. We continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so our clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. Our people are central to our success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Our culture is built on our Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything we do.
Thiess has recently secured the mining services contract for MACH Energy’s Mt Pleasant Mine. Mt Pleasant Mine provides an exciting opportunity to be a part of this new Greenfields Project from the very beginning and help shape the project into a World Class Operation.
As our next Maintenance Planner reporting to the Maintenance Manager you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results.
You will be responsible for providing maintenance planning and scheduling capability in support of project maintenance activities. You will also be responsible for the management of equipment maintenance systems to ensure the reliable and productive operation of heavy equipment.
Your duties will include but will not be limited to:
- Effectively planning machine maintenance to ensure maximum availability and reliability
- Monitoring site machine health systems
- Continuously identify areas for improvement and innovation
- Developing and strengthening key internal and external stakeholder relationships
- Working with long term planning department to coordinate long term major change out planning and ordering of components.
- Ensuring all relevant reports are comprehensive and completed within agreed timeframes
What skills and experience do you need?
As the successful applicant, you will be a high achieving and team focused individual with a focus on collaboration and achieving solid outcomes within your work team. You will have previous experience in open cut coal mining with a drive to deliver and:
- Mechanical trade certificate or tertiary qualification in mechanical engineering
- Previous experience in a maintenance planning role in a mining environment
- A strong commitment to health, safety, environment and the community
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and one team attitude
- Proven experience in maintenance planning and condition monitoring
- The ability to work in a high-pressure environment
- Knowledge of relevant mining related legislation including knowledge of relevant NSW DII MDGs and codes of practice and relevant Australian Standards
When do you need to apply?
If people are your focus and results are your passion, then consider joining an organisation that's as excited about the important things as you are.
Apply online at www.thiess.com.au/careers or follow the below link.
Applications close DD/MM/YYYY
We are committed to developing a diverse workforce that represents the communities in which we operate.