Thiess is the world's largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Our life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep us at the leading edge…optimising the mining value chain for each client.
And we're not done. We continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so our clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. Our people are central to our success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Our culture is built on our Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything we do.
Thiess has recently secured the mining services contract for MACH Energy’s Mount Pleasant Mine. Mount Pleasant Mine provides an exciting opportunity to be a part of this new greenfields project from the very beginning and help shape the project into a world class operation.
As our next Maintenance Supervisor reporting to the Maintenance Manager you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results.
You will be responsible for the maintenance of onsite mobile equipment ensuring fleets achieve maximum availability for minimal cost. You will provide leadership and direction to all maintenance personnel, with a focus on maintaining a safe, reliable and productive crew.
Your duties will include but not be limited to:
- Lead, coach and develop team members by setting clear expectations, monitoring performance and mentoring others
- Manage and execute maintenance work using efficient equipment servicing strategies to achieve targeted service times and schedule compliance rates
- Ensure that work is completed within allowed budget and resources
- Assist the Maintenance Manager in implementing safety and environmental plans
- Play an active role in all incident investigations, and
- Develop and strengthen key internal and external stakeholder relationships
As the successful applicant, you will be a high achieving and team focused individual with a focus on collaboration within your team. You have previous experience in open cut coal mining and a drive to deliver.
To be successful in this role you are required to have:
- A mechanical trade certificate or tertiary qualification in mechanical engineering
- Extensive post trade or relevant mobile maintenance experience in a mining environment
- Previous supervisory experience
- A strong commitment to health, safety, environment and the community
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proven experience in maintenance planning and condition monitoring, and
- The ability to work in a high-pressure environment
- Knowledge of relevant mining related legislation including knowledge of relevant NSW DII MDG’s and codes of practice and relevant Australian Standards
When do you need to apply?
If people are your focus and results are your passion, then consider joining an organisation that's as excited about the important things as you are.
Apply online at www.thiess.com.au/careers or follow the below link.
Applications close 26/07/2017
We are committed to developing a diverse workforce that represents the communities in which we operate.