Job No: 979131
Work type:Permanent Full-time
Location:Aus - NSW Regional
Advertised:AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications Close:AUS Eastern Standard Time
Thiess is the world's largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Our life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep us at the leading edge…optimising the mining value chain for each client.
And we're not done. We continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so our clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. Our people are central to our success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Our culture is built on our Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything we do.
Thiess has recently secured the mining services contract for MACH Energy’s Mount Pleasant Mine. Mount Pleasant Mine provides an exciting opportunity to be a part of this greenfield project from the very beginning and help shape the Project into a world class operation.
As our next Plant Administration Officer reporting to the Maintenance Manager you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results. You will provide comprehensive and professional administration support to the maintenance department.
Key aspects of this position will see you:
- Work within the Maintenance team to ensure that targets are achieved across the project
- Monthly accruals and reconciliations by required deadlines
- Manage and track all aspects of site equipment fuel and oil consumption on daily basis.
- Manage subcontractor’s timesheets, invoices, payments & ensure information is timely and accurate.
- Allocation of monthly orders for subcontractors
- Input of all Maintenance Department Job Observation Forms.
- Assist in managing maintenance clothes orders
- Assist Maintenance Manager in daily duties
This position is ideally suited to someone who has worked in the mining or an allied industry and has the following skills:
- Strong administration experience with exposure to a maintenance, mining or heavy industry environment being highly regarded
- High level of Proficiency with MS Office
- Proficiency in JDE or equivalent business procurement system
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Cert III in Business administration or similar (desirable)
When do you need to apply?
This role will provide you with the opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, leadership development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess. To apply for this role please follow the below link.
Applications close 31/07/2017
We are committed to developing a diverse workforce that represents the communities in which we operate.