Job No: 979132
Work type:Permanent Full-time
Location:Aus - NSW Regional
Advertised:AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications Close:AUS Eastern Standard Time
Thiess is the world's largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Mongolia, Africa and Chile. Our life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keeps us at the leading edge…optimising the mining value chain for each client.
And we’re not done. We continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so our clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. Our people are central to our success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Our culture is built on our Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything we do.
Thiess has recently secured the mining services contract for MACH Energy’s Mount Pleasant Mine. Mount Pleasant Mine provides an exciting opportunity to be a part of this greenfield Project from the very beginning and help shape the Project into a World Class Operation.
As our next Store Person reporting to the Maintenance Manager you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results. You will be responsible for managing the stores for the busy on-site maintenance department.
Duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Compliance with all safety procedures
- Managing inbound and outbound goods
- Keeping the stores in a tidy and safe condition
- Issuing parts correctly as required by the maintenance team
- Continuously identify areas for improvement and innovation
- Running stock reports, determining stock levels and reordering items as required
- Maintaining accurate delivery system receipting
- A strong safety focus
- Prior experience in a stores or dispatch role, ideally within a mining environment
- Experience working with heavy earth moving machinery
- A forklift licence is essential
- Good administration and communication skills
- Organised and methodical, with a high level of attention to detail
- Experience using JDE or another similar stores control system
- Proficient with MS Office, particularly Microsoft Excel
- Excellent interpersonal skills and one team attitude
When do you need to apply?
This role will provide you with the opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, leadership development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess. To apply for this role please follow the below link.
Applications close 31/07/2017
We are committed to developing a diverse workforce that represents the communities in which we operate.