Project Site Accountant
Job No: 979137
Work type:Permanent Full-time
Location:Aus - QLD - Bowen
Advertised:E. Australia Standard Time
Applications Close:E. Australia Standard Time
Thiess is the world's largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Our life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep us at the leading edge…optimising the mining value chain for each client.
And we're not done. We continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so our clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. Our people are central to our success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Our culture is built on our Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything we do.
As our next Project Site Accountant reporting to the Senior Site Accountant, you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results. This role will initially be based at our Lake Vermont Coal Project in Dysart, however may be redistributed within the business after 6 months.
Some of your duties will include:
- Provision of accounting and commercial support.
- Weekly/monthly cost and KPI reporting and analysis
- Assist with completing the annual budget and quarterly forecasts
- Assist with Claim preparation and reconciliation
What skills and experience do you need?
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role preferably within the mining or construction industry
- Demonstrated ability to research, understand and apply the Australian Accounting Standards (IFRS)
- Up to date knowledge of the Australian Accounting Standards
- High level of organisational skills
- Outstanding and innovative problem solving skills
- Desire to use initiative to drive performance
- Highly motivated and committed to meeting deadlines and delivering results
- Tertiary qualifications in Commerce/Accounting
- CPA/CA qualified (or working towards)
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience in ERP systems
5/2 Roster, Monday - Friday
When do you need to apply?
Applications close Sunday, 23 July 2017