Supervisor, Mining (OCE)
Job No: 979190
Work type:Permanent Full-time
Location:Aus - NSW Regional
Advertised:AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications Close:AUS Eastern Standard Time
Thiess is the world's largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Our life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep us at the leading edge…optimising the mining value chain for each client.
And we're not done. We continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so our clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. Our people are central to our success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Our culture is built on our Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything we do.
Thiess has recently secured the mining services contract for MACH Energy’s Mount Pleasant Mine. Mount Pleasant Mine provides an exciting opportunity to be a part of this new Greenfields Project from the very beginning and help shape the project into a World Class Operation.
As our next Mining Supervisor (Open Cut Examiner) reporting to the Mining Manager, you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results.
Your role will see you provide effective production and safety leadership to the project production crew ensuring that production targets are met, a safe and healthy workplace for all employees is maintained and community & environmental compliance is adhered to.
Your duties will include but will not be limited to:
- Providing strong leadership to the crew
- Actively communicating with the workforce
- Ensuring effective communication between production and other departments
- Conducting shift prestart meetings, ensuring there is a safety
- Ensuring all shift targets are met by managing fleet set up and cycle times etc.
- Ensuring maximum utilisation by minimising down time of workforce
- Identifying areas for improvement and acting on them
- Completing incident investigations as required
- Complying with all procedures and offering regular updates to the Mining Manager
What skills and experience do you need?
As the successful applicant, you will be a high achieving and team focused individual with a focus on building a solid, collaborative and high performing culture within your work team. You will have extensive experience in open cut coal mining with a drive to deliver and:
- NSW Open Cut Examiners ticket (required)
- Experience in leading a high-performing team
- Commitment to workplace health and safety
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work in a fluid/dynamic environment
- Ability to work in an adaptive team
- In depth knowledge of NSW Work Health and Safety Act (2011) and Work Health Safety regulation (2011)
- In depth knowledge of NSW Work Health and Safety (Mines and Petroleum Sites) Act 2013 and Work Health and Safety (mines and Petroleum Sites Regulation 2014
- Experience with computer based data and management tools (e.g. Infomine)
When do you need to apply?
If people are your focus and results are your passion, then consider joining an organisation that's as excited about the important things as you are.
Apply online at www.thiess.com.au/careers or follow the below link.
Applications close: 28/07/2017
We are committed to developing a diverse workforce that represents the communities in which we operate.