Senior Communication Specialist
Job No: 979229
Work type:Permanent Full-time
Location:Aus - Brisbane
Advertised:E. Australia Standard Time
Applications Close:E. Australia Standard Time
Thiess is the world's largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Our life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep us at the leading edge…optimising the mining value chain for each client.
And we're not done. We continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so our clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. Our people are central to our success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Our culture is built on our Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything we do.
As our next Senior Communication Specialist, reporting to the Global Communication Manager, you will work collaboratively toward delivering high-quality solutions and results.
Based in Brisbane, you will work across all aspects of Thiess’ corporate communication function as one of the business’ primary brand, communication and marketing custodians. Some domestic travel may be required.
Some of your duties will include:
- Providing high-level communication support, across offline and online channels, to Thiess’ global operations in line with the Global Communication Strategy
- Leading Thiess’ new internal communication strategy, including identifying improvements and new solutions for engaging staff and wages team members
- Leading communication support for all global functional teams across Asia, Americas, Africa and Australia and Pacific
- Developing and delivering multi-channel communication plans and campaigns, drawing on marketing communication principles to drive internal engagement and external market positioning
- Delivering a broad range of communication tactics including articles, collateral, publications, presentations, award submissions, speech notes, events communication.
- Supporting Thiess’ media engagement including via social media platforms
- Developing strong relationships with senior leaders and team members across the business and with key stakeholders including the CIMIC Group
- Supporting the continual advancement and evaluation of Thiess’ communication services.
What skills and experience do you need?
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in communication or public relations
- A minimum of seven years’ experience in communication, with an established record as a senior communication professional
- Highly-developed communication skills, with outstanding written communication capability
- Strong project management skills, with an excellent ability to work independently, engage team members in larger projects, and generally work quickly under pressure
- Experience across all standard communication channels including social media management
- Excellent relationship-building skills, with the ability to manage diverse stakeholders and competing requirements
- Experience in strategic planning, workshop facilitation and basic research
- Preferable: experience in developing and delivering change communication programs
- Preferable: experience in the mining or wider resources sector.
When do you need to apply?
Applications close 5pm on 30 July 2017.