Sisters in Mining
Job No: 979384
Work type:Fixed Term
Location:Aus - QLD - Bowen
Advertised:E. Australia Standard Time
Applications Close:E. Australia Standard Time
Thiess is the world's largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Our life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep us at the leading edge…optimising the mining value chain for each client.
And we're not done. We continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so our clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. Our people are central to our success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Our culture is built on our Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything we do.
Are you interested in joining our Sisters in Mining?
We are looking for interested Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander women to begin their mining career with a paid traineeship at one of Thiess’ mine sites in central Queensland.
- An Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander woman?
- Looking for a career in mining but don’t know where to start?
- 18 years old or over?
- A holder of a current, c-class driver’s license?
- Able to pass a drug and alcohol test, medical and other screening processes (eg literacy and psychometric assessments)?
- Not a holder of a fully completed qualification (Certificate III and above)
- Living in the Central Queensland area (Rockhampton, Emerald, Gladstone, Biloela, Mackay or Woorabinda)?
By joining the Sisters in Mining program, you will receive:
- Statement of attainment for competencies that go towards a Certificate III in Surface Extraction Operations
- Haul truck simulator training
- Mining site inductions (including Standard 11 Surface Operations induction) and a coal board medical
- A traineeship and ongoing mentoring and support
- Rostered shifts, camp accommodation and bus transfers for selected sites.
- Applications Open: 02 August 2017 to 27 August 2017
- Information Session and Interviews: Late September or Early October 2017
- Group Start Date: November 2017
How to Apply
This role will provide you with the opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, leadership development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess. To apply for this role please follow the link.