Water Services Coordinator
Job No: 979394
Work type:Permanent Full-time
Location:Aus - WA Regional
Advertised:W. Australia Standard Time
Applications Close:W. Australia Standard Time
Thiess is the world's largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Our life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep us at the leading edge…optimising the mining value chain for each client.
And we're not done. We continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so our clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. Our people are central to our success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Our culture is built on our Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything we do.
As our next Water Services Coordinator reporting to the NPI Manager, you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results.
Solomon Project, WA
Some of your duties will include:
- Management of the mine dewatering/water transfer systems in line with Thiess Solomon water management strategy
- Maintain accountability for delivery of Thiess scope of work
- Manage water services crews to ensure activities are completed in a safe, productive and cost effective manner
- Evaluating subcontract & material supply quotations via the company estimating systems
- Build strong relationships and manage client expectations under the contract
- Maintain strong interdepartmental relationships to ensure planed servicing and maintenance have minimal interruptions to operations
What skills and experience do you need?
- Electrical or Mechanical Engineering Degree or Trade qualified desired but not essential
- Substantial dewatering and water transfer system experience
- 5+ years in similar position (Superintendent level)
- Strong systems skills and experience with JDE knowledge desirable
- Demonstrated experience with personnel supervision, managing multiple crews, scheduling, forecasting, estimating and budgeting
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with aptitude in building solid relationships
Permanent, full-time opportunity on an 8/6 FIFO roster from Perth
When do you need to apply?
If people are your focus and results are your passion, then consider joining an organisation that's as excited about the important things as you are.
Apply online at www.thiess.com.au/careers or follow the below link.